Our offices are currently closed due to the ongoing national lockdown announced on 4 January 2020.
Since March, we have successfully offered a full legal advice service to both new and existing clients, with our people working remotely for much of their time. We are therefore very much ready to continue providing those services during the further restrictions which we face at the moment.
When the Government's guidance allows, our offices in Reading and Henley-on-Thames will reopen Monday – Friday for pre-arranged face to face appointments when required or where this provides the best means of us working together with our clients.
We are, of course, committed to proceeding safely and in line with the Government’s latest guidance, and the wellbeing of our clients, contacts and colleagues is our first priority at all times.
As such, we have embarked on a series of measures to ensure that all of our offices are “COVID-Secure” and that we continue to meet the guidelines, including on social distancing. We have taken steps including:
- Undertaking a full risk assesment of our offices and sharing this information with all colleagues.
- Completing a deep clean of our offices, including disinfectant fogging, and implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule.
- Reducing the number of face to face appointments taking places at our offices and the number of staff present during each working day.
- Providing touch-free hand sanitiser stations at all entrances and exits.
- Showing clients straight through to the relevant meeting room, avoiding any need to wait in our reception area.
- Limiting our meeting room capacities and requiring all clients and colleagues to wear a face covering during face to face appointments.
- Introducing a signed, one-way system in all of our offices.
A copy of our COVID-Secure certificate is available here.
Before visiting our offices
Further information will be provided to all clients prior to a scheduled appointment at our offices. If you have any questions meanwhile, please contact us.
Please do not visit our offices if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with symptoms or have been contacted and asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
All clients visiting our offices will be asked to provide full and correct contact information prior to an appointment, so that they can be contacted if needed. Any clients who experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of visiting our offices are asked to please contact us immediately.