We are firmly committed to proceeding safely and in line with the Government’s guidance and the wellbeing of our clients, contacts and colleagues remains our first priority at all times.
From Monday 29 March, we will continue to focus on providing advice by telephone, video conferencing and email. We are experienced in working with our clients remotely and adept at dealing with matters in this way, meaning that you can expect the same expert legal advice and excellent client care on which our reputation is based, however you decide to work with us.
While meeting virtually by those means is very much the approach we encourage, we will also accommodate face to face appointments where they are required and provide the best means of us working together.
As such, we have introduced a series of measures to ensure that all of our offices are “COVID-Secure” and that we continue to meet the guidelines, including on social distancing.
Steps taken include:
- Undertaking a full risk assesment of our offices and sharing this information with all colleagues.
- Completing a deep clean of our offices, including disinfectant fogging, and implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule.
- Reducing the number of face to face appointments taking places at our offices and the number of staff present during each working day.
- Providing touch-free hand sanitiser stations at all entrances and exits.
- Showing clients straight through to the relevant meeting room, avoiding any need to wait in our reception area.
- Limiting our meeting room capacities and requiring all clients and colleagues to wear a face covering during face to face appointments.
- Introducing a signed, one-way system in all of our offices.
A copy of our COVID-Secure certificate is available here.
Before visiting our offices
Further information will be provided to all clients prior to a scheduled appointment at our offices. If you have any questions meanwhile, please contact us.
Please do not visit our offices if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
All clients visiting our offices will be asked to provide full and correct contact information prior to an appointment, so that they can be reached if needed. Any clients who experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of visiting our offices are asked to please contact us immediately.