- International Network
In an increasingly global marketplace we find that our clients often operate outside the UK. Responding to this demand, we are members of the international Law Firm Network, a network of 56 law firms worldwide.
Approaching its 30th anniversary, the Law Firm Network is recognised as a leading international network in Chambers Global Guide and comprises 56 independent law firms worldwide.
Our relationships with the other law firms in the Network means that we can refer clients to, and work with on their behalf, like-minded lawyers overseas. We also welcome the opportunity to work with clients (both private individuals and businesses) looking to do business or invest in the UK. Read our free legal guide for overseas companies (PDF). In addition, we provide a full range of notarial and legalisation services to private individuals and businesses.
We are ideally placed at the heart of the Thames Valley, just 25 minutes from central London by train. Reading also benefits from direct links to several major airports. According to recent research, Reading is:
- ‘The UK’s most successful economic city’ – PwC report
- ‘Most prosperous UK city outside London’ – Barclays survey
- ‘Fastest-growing conurbation in the country’ – EY report
- ‘A top location for business growth’ – LSH report
- ‘UK’s No 1 regional technology cluster’ – KPMG report
- ‘One of the best places to live in UK’ – PwC report
- ‘A top 25 European Business City of the Future’ – FDI European Future Cities Awards
- The largest non-city settlement in the UK, with an urban population of 232,662
In September 2016 Blandy & Blandy LLP hosted the Law Firm Network's EMEA Conference here in the Thames Valley, flying the flag for the UK against a backdrop of political uncertainty. With a focus on ‘Doing business with the UK post Brexit’, we welcomed senior speakers from leading organisations including United Overseas Bank, KPMG, Clearswift, Cushman & Wakefield and the University of Reading.
If you would like assistance in finding a firm overseas or are seeking legal advice in the UK, please contact partner Nick Burrows or call +44 (0)118 951 6800.