- Our people
- Caroline Casagranda
Partner, Probate, Tax and Trusts
- Probate and estate administration
- Powers of Attorney
- Trusts and estate planning
- College of Law (Chester), LPC (Distinction)
- Manchester Metropolitan University, LLB (Hons)
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, Private Client Section, Law Society
- Associate Member, Solicitors for the Elderly
- Administering an estate with a net value in excess of £2 million, including drafting a deed of variation to achieve a substantial Inheritance Tax saving.
- Advising on an Intestacy and the complexities of locating beneficiaries all over Europe, the US and Australia.
- Administering an Estate that included several rental properties and assisting with complex rearrangements between family members.
- Advising residuary beneficiaries in relation to tax issues, including calculating inheritance tax liabilities where there is an interaction of the grossing-up and abatement rules, advising on Re Benham grossing requirements and negotiations with HM Revenue and Customs.
- Assisting and liaising with the Dispute Resolution team in aspects of contested probates, including applications to prove a disputed copy of a Will where the original had been destroyed, an application to Court on behalf of minor beneficiaries of an Intestate Estate and drafting Wills for a client in the midst of a disputed Trust application.
- Drafting Wills to include trusts to meet a variety of estate planning needs for families and their dependents.
- Assisting with Emergency or Death Bed Wills for clients that require urgent assistance and advice.
- Wright v Gater  EWHC 2881 (Ch) assisting Jonathan Gater with this application to Court under the Variation of Trusts Act 1958 for a post-death variation which would eliminate Inheritance Tax and defer entitlement to capital.
Caroline Casagranda's practice includes wills, probate and estate administration, as well as Lasting Powers of Attorney and a range of tax planning. Casagranda is described as "very personable." Chambers HNW Guide
Caroline Casagranda advises individuals and families on tax planning, wills, probate and estate administration matters. A client enthuses: "I can't speak highly enough of Caroline. She is warm, patient and presents information in a way that her audience can understand." Chambers UK Guide
“Blandy & Blandy LLP’s ‘polite, sensitive and efficient’ team includes Graham Benwell, joint managing partners Jonathan Gater and Philip D’Arcy, and Caroline.” The Legal 500
"May I thank you most sincerely for your great kindness and sensitivity to me personally and to my brother James when we met in your office last November."
“I found Caroline to be very professional yet down to earth and genuine. She is a ‘people person’ who makes you feel better for having seen her.”
"Caroline was very helpful, very understanding and patient with us. A truly lovely lady."
“I very much appreciated the sympathetic way in which the Will writing was handled. I would recommend your services.”
"I must commend you for the way in which you have have managed the administration of my mother's estate. I realise that one or two aspects of the administration were not perhaps as straightforward as they could have been, but you were brilliant in dealing with these problems as and when they arose and I do appreciate the way in which you have made the whole process very easy from my point of view. Thank you."
“My husband and I have been clients of Blandy & Blandy for many years and during that time always found staff very courteous and helpful. In particular, since my husband died, Caroline has been very sympathetic, showing great patience when I needed parts of the law explained to me.”
"Your legal acumen and professionalism stand for themselves."
"What I recall significantly is your gentle approach at a difficult time."
"My thanks to you for the way in which you have guided us through this sad process."
"I would like to thank you for the assistance and care shown in sorting out my uncle's affairs."
"Caroline Casagranda was extremely helpful and friendly and was a great help at an unhappy time."
"An excellent and friendly service."
"Thank you for dealing with my personal matter so promptly."
"As usual, dealt with in a very professional manner. Caroline greatly assisted in some nuances to my amended Will."
“We were particularly keen to use your firm because I met Caroline at an Alzheimer’s/Dementia education session. We found the service to be Dementia aware.”
“I was very impressed at the way Caroline Casagranda thought through every eventuality that I needed to consider over my Will and was very clear in her explanations to me.”
“Just to say thank you for all the work you have done for my Father and Mothers estate. Your help, guidance and kindness helped to get me through a very difficult time of my life. I shall always be grateful to you, Jonathan and all of Blandys’ staff who have been so helpful and friendly.”
“Wish to thank Caroline personally for all her help this year.”
“We were entirely satisfied with the service at Blandy & Blandy and we were very pleased to have used the firm. Caroline was very understanding and patient with us.”
“Thank you to Caroline who explained subjects well and was patient and clear.”
“Thank you very much for the efficient and sensitive way this matter has been handled, for which the whole family is most grateful.”
“I am lost for words, as my client experience with Caroline was certainly extremely professional and handled with great sensitivity, care and incredible patience.”
“Patient explanation of legal terminology, in a warm and friendly way.”
“Excellent professional expertise. Patient and compassionate manner.”
“Caroline provided a prompt response to all our queries, despite us causing delays. We felt well informed at all stages.”
“Caroline was super – thank you.”
“I was treated kindly, and any questions I had were resolved.”
“I would like to express my thanks to you, not only for your professional expertise, which was (of course) excellent, but the caring way in which you helped me to come to a decision about various aspects of the Will.”
“Very kind & thoughtful.”
“Excellent service and delivered everything we required.”
“Extremely professional, as always.”
“We were very pleased with all our dealings with the firm.”
“All staff very pleasant and easy to talk too.”
“Many thanks for your help.”
“Excellent & happy with service.”
“My advisor was very kind and understanding.”
“Her practice includes wills, probate and estate administration, as well as Lasting Powers of Attorney and a range of tax planning." Chambers HNW Guide
Caroline Casagranda is a partner in our Probate Tax & Trusts team, which spans our Reading, Henley-on-Thames and London offices.
She specialises in wills, probate and estate administration of taxable and non-taxable estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and tax planning for a wide range of clients.
Caroline's expertise is recognised in both The Legal 500 and Chambers HNW Guide, with clients describing her as “very professional”, “down to earth and genuine” “warm” and “patient”. She is also an associate member of both Solicitors for the Elderly and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
After completing her legal training in Maidenhead, Caroline joined Blandy & Blandy LLP in 2003 upon qualification. She became a partner in 2014.