- Our people
- Caroline Casagranda
Partner, Probate, Tax and Trusts
- Probate and estate administration
- Powers of Attorney
- Trusts and estate planning
- College of Law (Chester), LPC (Distinction)
- Manchester Metropolitan University, LLB (Hons)
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, Private Client Section, Law Society
- Associate Member, Solicitors for the Elderly
- Administering an estate with a net value in excess of £2 million, including drafting a deed of variation to achieve a substantial Inheritance Tax saving.
- Advising on an Intestacy and the complexities of locating beneficiaries all over Europe, the US and Australia.
- Administering an Estate that included several rental properties and assisting with complex rearrangements between family members.
- Advising residuary beneficiaries in relation to tax issues, including calculating inheritance tax liabilities where there is an interaction of the grossing-up and abatement rules, advising on Re Benham grossing requirements and negotiations with HM Revenue and Customs.
- Assisting and liaising with the Dispute Resolution team in aspects of contested probates, including applications to prove a disputed copy of a Will where the original had been destroyed, an application to Court on behalf of minor beneficiaries of an Intestate Estate and drafting Wills for a client in the midst of a disputed Trust application.
- Drafting Wills to include trusts to meet a variety of estate planning needs for families and their dependents.
- Assisting with Emergency or Death Bed Wills for clients that require urgent assistance and advice.
- Wright v Gater  EWHC 2881 (Ch) assisting Jonathan Gater with this application to Court under the Variation of Trusts Act 1958 for a post-death variation which would eliminate Inheritance Tax and defer entitlement to capital.
Caroline Casagranda's practice includes wills, probate and estate administration, as well as Lasting Powers of Attorney and a range of tax planning. Casagranda is described as "very personable." Chambers HNW Guide
Caroline Casagranda advises individuals and families on tax planning, wills, probate and estate administration matters. A client enthuses: "I can't speak highly enough of Caroline. She is warm, patient and presents information in a way that her audience can understand." Chambers UK Guide
“Blandy & Blandy LLP’s ‘polite, sensitive and efficient’ team includes Graham Benwell, joint managing partners Jonathan Gater and Philip D’Arcy, and Caroline.” The Legal 500
"Caroline was very helpful, very understanding and patient with us. A truly lovely lady."
“I have used the services of Blandy & Blandy on several occasions during the past 25 years and on each occasion I have been well satisfied with the level of service provided.”
"What I recall significantly is your gentle approach at a difficult time."
"My thanks to you for the way in which you have guided us through this sad process."
"Caroline Casagranda was extremely helpful and friendly and was a great help at an unhappy time."
"As usual, dealt with in a very professional manner. Caroline greatly assisted in some nuances to my amended Will."
“We were particularly keen to use your firm because I met Caroline at an Alzheimer’s/Dementia education session. We found the service to be Dementia aware.”
“We were entirely satisfied with the service at Blandy & Blandy and we were very pleased to have used the firm. Caroline was very understanding and patient with us.”
“Thank you very much for the efficient and sensitive way this matter has been handled, for which the whole family is most grateful.”
“Her practice includes wills, probate and estate administration, as well as Lasting Powers of Attorney and a range of tax planning." Chambers HNW Guide
Caroline Casagranda is a partner in our Probate Tax & Trusts team, which spans our Reading, Henley-on-Thames and London offices.
She specialises in wills, probate and estate administration of taxable and non-taxable estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and tax planning for a wide range of clients.
Caroline's expertise is recognised in both The Legal 500 and Chambers HNW Guide, with clients describing her as “very professional”, “down to earth and genuine” “warm” and “patient”. She is also an associate member of both Solicitors for the Elderly and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
After completing her legal training in Maidenhead, Caroline joined Blandy & Blandy LLP in 2003 upon qualification. She became a partner in 2014.