- Our people
- David Murray
Partner, Dispute Resolution and Insolvency
- Contractual disputes
- Company or partnership disputes
- Employment disputes – particularly post termination restrictive covenants
- Debt recovery
- IT disputes
- Banking litigation/guarantees/asset based lending
- Advice to directors
- Warranty and indemnity disputes
- Risk identification, avoidance and management
- Pre-appointment and appointment advice
- Appointment documentation
- Sale agreements
- Advice on property, contractual and employment issues as affected by the Insolvency regime
- Antecedent transactions
- Compliance advice
- Directors’ disqualification
- Insolvency proceedings/debt recovery
- Personal insolvency including bankruptcy/IVAs/matrimonial home and annulment
- College of Law, London, CPE and LPC
- University of East Anglia, BA (Hons) European History and German Language
- Member, R3
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Advising a large infrastructure provider on substantial contractual dispute with local authority and supplier of defective product
- Banking dispute advice arising from miss-sold multi million pound interest rate hedging product and consequential losses
- Partnership dispute over land values and dissolution of partnership
- Advice to high profile sports and leisure group on departure of senior employee and post termination restrictions
- Advice to insolvency practitioners upon appointment and thereafter with sale of a south coast hotel
- Assisting insolvency practitioners upon appointment and with the pre-pack sale of a retail chain
- Advice to large firm of insolvency practitioners on complex interlocking administrations, CVAs and thereafter appropriate exit route
- Successful recovery of large sums in relation to antecedent transactions from directors of services company
David Murray has extensive litigation experience, including significant expertise in insolvency cases. Sources say: "He is excellent throughout - very responsive, attentive and committed to providing clear and commercial advice." Chambers UK Guide
"David Murray is an experienced litigator with particular expertise in insolvency disputes. He is also noted for his mediation practice and his "very impressive" client skills." Chambers UK Guide
"David Murray is fast-paced, knowledgeable and determined.” The Legal 500
"It's very useful to be dealing with a firm where something can just get passed along the corridor and then back again rather than having to get a different lawyer in to deal with it. They turn stuff round really promptly." Chambers UK Guide
“David Murray is an experienced insolvency lawyer of whom interviewees say 'he is great solicitor who knows what he is talking about'. Chambers UK Guide
“I am a retired Solicitor and have instructed Blandy's for many years. I have several post retirement jobs and use Blandy's as my firm of choice. I have never been disappointed.”
“Thank you so much for all your expertise and advice over the past few months. Your swift email responses and instant availability when we have called your office have been a great comfort and very much appreciated.”
“Thanks again for your speedy, prompt action and a successful result for which we are very grateful to you and your team.”
"Thank you also for acting so promptly and with such good advice. It is much appreciated and one of the reasons why I use Blandy for all of my personal and business legal needs."
"Thank you so much for nursing us through the past 10-11 months. I won't forget David's (Murray) huge input too, you all have been wonderful! Wishing you a lovely remainder of the summer, and thank you so much once again."
“Thank you very much for your assistance and expertise, the result is exactly as I had hoped.”
"David Murray has extensive litigation experience, including significant expertise in insolvency cases." Chambers UK Guide
He is a very experienced litigator, accustomed to providing practical and commercial advice to corporate bodies and individuals on disputes of all sizes and complexity. David also advises clients on risk identification, avoidance and management.
In addition, David is a qualified mediator via the ADR Group, skilled in appearing as an advocate at innumerable mediations.
Throughout his career David has been actively involved in advising insolvency practitioners, funders, companies and directors on insolvency, turnaround and business reconstruction matters. He provides proactive advice on the wide range of issues that arise in insolvency and turnaround, including contract, property, and employment rights. David has a particular expertise in contentious insolvency matters.
David joined Blandy and Blandy from Morgan Cole (now Blake Morgan) in 2014. He is recommended in both The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide for his commercial litigation and insolvency expertise and has appeared on BBC Radio Berkshire as a legal expert. Clients describe David as "excellent throughout", "very responsive", "attentive" and "committed to providing clear and commercial advice".