- Our people
- Gemma Smith
Associate Solicitor, Commercial Property Law
- Commercial landlord & tenant
- Sales and purchases
- Secured lending
- Ecclesiastical property
- Nottingham Law School, LPC (Distinction)
- Nottingham Law School, PGDL (Commendation)
- University of Manchester, BSc (Hons) Geography and Geology
- Acting for Englefield Estate Trust Corporation, a major logistics company and owners of large industrial/office parks.
- Acting on the sale of a multi-million pound development property in Reading Town Centre.
- Acting on behalf of a number of banks in respect of secured lending with transactional values of up to £5 million.
- Acting on behalf of a local charity in a number of property matters, including landlord and tenant.
- Acting for a company in respect of several leases as part of a group company re-structure and following that the sale of a multi-unit industrial warehouse site.
She is experienced in a wide range of commercial property work, including commercial landlord and tenant, acquisition and disposal of freehold properties and secured lending, as well as advising charities and ecclesiastical bodies on property matters.
Gemma joined Blandy & Blandy LLP in 2014, having qualified as a solicitor in September 2012, and became an associate solicitor in 2017. She is a regular speaker at the firm's annual property law seminar.
Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Outside of work, Gemma's interests include baking and the theatre. She also loves to travel.