- Our people
- Jane Gunnell
- Complex commercial property transactions
- Sale and purchase of development sites and investment properties
- Business leases
- Secured lending work for banks and finance companies
- VAT on commercial property
- University of Surrey, Linguistic and International Studies: French: Law (Major)
- Member, Country Landowners Association (CLA)
- Advising the University of Reading in relation to its disposal of a 100 acre site (up to 1,350 new homes, school, care home, village centre with supermarket and public open spaces) within a Strategic Development Location for a reported £100 million. Described by Kat Norton, Savills UK Director, National Development, as "one of the largest UK strategic sites in 2015."
- Advising other landowners and developers (of all sizes) on the acquisition and disposal of a range of development sites, with transactions ranging in value from < £5 million to eight figures.
- Acting on the financing of acquisitions and developments for a number of leading banks and lenders.
- Acting in relation to the purchase of redundant local authority premises in Newbury for use as a day care nursery.
- Advising on the sale of a mixed use commercial building for redevelopment as flats.
- Advising on a commercial lease involving Network Rail, as part of the Cross Rail (Elizabeth Line) project.
"Excellent property lawyer" Jane Gunnell heads the firm's commercial property team. She has particular experience of property acquisitions and disposals and the sale and purchase of valuable development sites. She has advised a range of clients, from financial institutions to charitable and educational organisations. Chambers UK Guide
The "very capable" Jane Gunnell heads up the commercial property department, specialising in secured lending work for banks and finance companies. Chambers UK Guide
“Thank you very much for your professional but practical guidance.”
"Particular experience of property acquisitions and disposals and the sale and purchase of valuable development sites." Chambers UK Guide
Her work includes complex commercial property transactions, the sale and purchase of development sites and investment properties, business leases, secured lending work for banks and finance companies and VAT on commercial property.
Jane is ranked in both Chambers UK Guide and The Legal 500, with clients describing her as "very capable" and "an excellent property lawyer". Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Jane regularly attends and speaks at a range of property-focused events, including Blandy & Blandy's annual property law seminar.