- Our people
- Jyoti Mehta
- Planning enforcement and lawful use
- Planning appeals and public inquiries
- Permitted development rights
- Section 106 planning agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Environmental regulation and enforcement
- Highways law
- College of Law (Bloomsbury), LPC
- University of Kent, LLB (Hons)
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
Jyoti advises on a wide range of planning matters which includes planning appeals and public inquiries, planning enforcement prosecutions, judicial review and statutory challenges, permitted development rights, applications for certificate of lawfulness, and section 106 agreements. Jyoti also advises on all aspects of highways and environmental law.
Her previous experience includes working as both a trainee and qualified solicitor for the London Borough of Hillingdon and as a paralegal for a law firm in London.
Jyoti assists partners Karen Jones and Simon Dimmick on a variety of strategic planning projects, spanning the Thames Valley and beyond, offering commercially pragmatic solutions to technically complex legal problems.
Planning Magazine’s 2017 Planning Law Survey ranked Blandy & Blandy LLP among the UK's top planning law firms and our expertise in both planning and environmental law is also recognised in The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide. Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.