- Our people
- John Dingle
Partner, Commercial Property Law
- Secured lending
- Development property and land
- Commercial leases
- Development finance
- Health sector
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, LPC (Merit)
- Oxford Brookes University, PGDL (Commendation)
- Swansea University, MA Politics (Distinction)
- Swansea University, BA History and Politics (First Class)
- Advising landowners and developers on the disposal and acquisition of residential and commercial development sites of up to £25 million under unconditional and conditional contracts, option agreements, promotion agreements, and other vehicles.
- Instructed in respect of acquisition and development finance for a number of leading banks, including the refinancing of a portfolio of over 20 properties with a combined value of over £7.5 million.
- Advising a private sector healthcare provider in relation to their portfolio of properties including the recent development and acquisition of new-build city premises at an initial rent of nearly £600,000 p.a. and the £5m development and lease of new buildings and premises on an NHS hospital in connection with a 15 year diagnostic services contract.
- Instructed on the £7 million disposal of a mixed-use city centre site.
- Acting for a hotelier on the acquisition of a £5 million hotel from a BVI company.
- Advising on the sale of a portfolio of three city centre investment properties for a combined £13 million.
Described by clients as "very responsive, commercial, efficient and a pleasure to deal with,"John Dingle is held in high regard for his handling of a range of property matters. He has extensive experience of transactions relating to development projects. "He thinks outside the box and pays great attention to the small details that could trip us up," comments a client. Chambers UK Guide
“Blandy & Blandy LLP’s team includes the ‘professional and likable’ John Dingle.” The Legal 500
“John is an excellent lawyer who takes a commercial approach to his work and is very responsive to his client’s requirements.”
Sally Unwin, Senior Legal Counsel, InHealth Group
“I was entirely happy with all aspects of the advice and service received.”
“We were impressed with the teams efforts.”
"Thorough, commercial and approachable."
Chambers UK Guide
He has over 12 years’ experience of a wide range of transactions, including property development, the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property, secured lending, and public and private health sector work.
John joined Blandy & Blandy LLP from Morgan Cole (now Blake Morgan) as an associate solicitor in 2013 and became a partner in 2015. He is recommended in both The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide for his expertise, with clients praising him for "thinking outside the box" and "spotting things others don't". He is also desribed as "very responsive, commercial, efficient and a pleasure to deal with."
Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Outside of work, John's interests include cycling, skiing, golf, scuba diving, fly-fishing, surfing, travelling, and walks in the countryside with his family and dog.