- Our people
- Katja Wigham
Partner, Commercial Property Law
- Development property and land
- Sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold premises
- Commercial leases
- Secured lending
- Property work for charities
- College of Law, LPC (Distinction)
- Cardiff University, LLB (Hons) Law and French
- Acting for a multinational office fit out company in relation to a development agreement and lease of their new HQ to include agreement to surrender leases of two existing premises.
- Acting for a residential and care home developer in relation to numerous multi million pound transactions to include purchases, sub purchases and long term strategic options of development sites.
- Acting for lenders in relation to secured lending over residential and care home development sites.
- Acting for a large charity in relation to strategic property advice in relation to freehold and leasehold property.
- Acting for a waste management company in respect of land purchases, secured lending and the property side of corporate purchases.
- Managing property transactions for large landlords.
- Acting for numerous landowners granting telecommunications leases to major telecommunications providers.
"Brilliant - she's the most efficient lawyer I've ever come across." Chambers UK Guide
"Extremely tenacious when presented with challenges." Chambers UK Guide
“Katja is ‘highly professional and always willing to devote time to her clients." The Legal 500
"A good communicator who gives practical and pragmatic advice." Chambers UK Guide
“I am a retired Solicitor and have instructed Blandy's for many years. I have several post retirement jobs and use Blandy's as my firm of choice. I have never been disappointed.”
"I can't speak highly enough about the service received from Katja, who was always proactive in offering workable solutions to issues raised."
"Just a quick note to say thank you very much for your hard efforts in getting the refinance through. You are very good at all of this and it is greatly appreciated. Well done and thanks again!"
“Katja's patience and understanding were appreciated.”
"Brilliant - she's the most efficient lawyer I've ever come across."
Chambers UK Guide
She specialises in sales and purchases of development land, commercial freehold and leasehold premises, landlord and tenant matters and secured lending. Katja has particular expertise advising charities, educational institutions and third sector organisations.
Katja 's expertise is consistently recognised in The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide, with clients commenting that Katja is "approachable", "extremely tenacious when presented with challenges", "highly experienced" and "very responsive". Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
She speaks French and Finnish. Outside of work, she enjoys cycling, swimming, travelling and cooking.