- Our people
- Katja Wigham
Partner, Commercial Property Law
- Development property and land
- Sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold premises
- Commercial leases
- Secured lending
- Property work for charities
- College of Law, LPC (Distinction)
- Cardiff University, LLB (Hons) Law and French
- Acting for the University of Reading in relation to freehold and leasehold disposals, most recently the multi-million pound sale of land to a developer for mixed use development of 280 dwellings, retail and care.
- Surrender and lease of London HQ for major IT company. This involved an agreement to surrender, agreement to carry out landlord’s works and leases of three floors.
- Acting on behalf of a charity in relation to the property aspects of a large scale transfer of leisure management contracts from a Leisure management company to a charity.
- Acting on multi-million pound secured lending project for a major UK bank financing the purchase of a large mixed commercial, residential, retail and leisure park on the South Coast. Security included several other sites.
- Advising on the sale of a portfolio of three city centre investment properties for a combined £10 million.
- Acting on behalf of a company and its pension fund in relation to a multi-million pound acquisition of central London office premises.
- Advising a charity client in relation to its nationwide operation of a number of sites on behalf of several local authorities.
- Advising a client disposing of a mixed use site spanning multiple titles, with over 50 commercial and residential tenants to multiple buyers.
- Acting for Englefield Estate Trust Corporation, a major logistics company and owners of large industrial/office parks.
- Site purchase and site set-up for various house builders.
"Brilliant - she's the most efficient lawyer I've ever come across." Chambers UK Guide
"Extremely tenacious when presented with challenges." Chambers UK Guide
“Katja is ‘highly professional and always willing to devote time to her clients." The Legal 500
"A good communicator who gives practical and pragmatic advice." Chambers UK Guide
“I am a retired Solicitor and have instructed Blandy's for many years. I have several post retirement jobs and use Blandy's as my firm of choice. I have never been disappointed.”
"I can't speak highly enough about the service received from Katja, who was always proactive in offering workable solutions to issues raised."
"Just a quick note to say thank you very much for your hard efforts in getting the refinance through. You are very good at all of this and it is greatly appreciated. Well done and thanks again!"
“Katja's patience and understanding were appreciated.”
"Brilliant - she's the most efficient lawyer I've ever come across."
Chambers UK Guide
Katja joined Blandy & Blandy LLP in 2003 and is a partner in our Commercial Property team, which operates across our Reading, Henley-on-Thames and London offices. She specialises in sales and purchases of development land, commercial freehold and leasehold premises, landlord and tenant matters and secured lending. Katja has particular expertise advising charities, educational institutions and third sector organisations.
Her expertise is consistently recognised in The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide, with clients commenting that Katja is "determined and very approachable," and "extremely tenacious when presented with challenges". Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Katja speaks French and Finnish. In her free time, she enjoys cycling, swimming, travelling and cooking.