- Our people
- Nick Burrows
Partner, Charity and Commercial Law
- Charities, education and third sector
- Franchising, agency and distribution agreements
- Partnership and LLP law
- Intellectual property
- Commercial contracts
- Technology law
- College of Law, Guildford
- University of Reading
- Member, Charity Law Association
- Member, Institute of Directors
- Acting for a charity which, through its trading subsidiary, entered into a joint venture with a company providing innovative careers solutions. We advised on Heads of Agreement, a Loan Agreement and a Joint Venture Shareholders’ Agreement.
- The firm led a consortium bid to carry out work on the spin-out of a potential public sector mutual. The bidding process with the Cabinet Office was successful and we led the project team, giving advice to the spin-out, and covering matters such as market research and testing, constitutional and governance issues, HR and TUPE issues, financial modelling and profitability analysis, and other miscellaneous advice in relation to the business spin-out.
- Advising on and drafting a consortium agreement for a joint venture with two other parties, including a main flow-through framework agreement and subcontracts.
- Advising a professional partnership on its incorporation to a Limited Company, including the drafting of a business transfer agreement and shareholders’ agreement.
- Incorporating a professional partnership into a Limited Liability Partnership, including the drafting of a members’ agreement and management agreement, advising on the conversion schedule, steps to be taken, and the transfer of employees and properties to the new entity.
"Nick Burrows is ‘a hugely experienced team captain who makes things happen’.” The Legal 500
"Absolutely fantastic" and "Excellent professional service and personal support." Chambers UK Guide
"Practice head Nick Burrows is 'an extremely experienced practitioner.'" The Legal 500
"I have worked with Nick Burrows for approximately 20 years and my business has followed him from partnership to partnership. He has done some excellent work for me and I recommend his expertise without qualification."
"Nick is an honest and highly professional person who has produced excellent work for me for over last ten years. His attention to detail is superb, and he wins the trust and respect of all his clients and peers. I would recommend him to anyone, and trust him with anything."
"Nick inspires confidence and is thorough in all that is asked of him. He is that rare type of lawyer who looks for solutions to problems rather than problems with solutions, which I greatly value. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone in need for legal suport in this field."
“I am a retired Solicitor and have instructed Blandy's for many years. I have several post retirement jobs and use Blandy's as my firm of choice. I have never been disappointed.”
"Nick provided legal advice on an important document in a competent and timely manner. I will not hesitate to use Nick and his company for my future legal needs."
“I have an excellent working relationship with Nick. My requests are always dealt with thoroughly and in a timely manner and I trust and value their opinions. I consider Blandy & Blandy to be an important partner in my work and knowing that I can speak to Nick about all commercial matters provides me with great reassurance.”
“The advice is very clear, concise and helpful, and I am extremely grateful for receiving it so promptly.”
"Thank you so much for nursing us through the past 10-11 months. You all have been wonderful! Wishing you a lovely remainder of the summer, and thank you so much once again."
Chambers UK Guide
He advises charities, schools and third sector organisations on areas such as formation, constitutional matters, incorporation, and trustees' duties. He also advises on joint ventures, collaborations, consortia and mergers, together with contractual negotiations with funders and others, public procurement, fundraising and intellectual property matters, such as trade marks and copyright.
Nick also acts for professional practices, advising on partnership law and on conversion to, or incorporation of, Limited Liability Partnerships.
Nick's expertise is recognised in both The Legal 500, in which he is named as a 'leading individual', and Chambers UK Guide, in which he is recognised nationally for his work.
Nick is a member of the Charity Law Association, a trustee of several local charities and speaks regularly at a wide range of events on charity, education and third sector matters. He has recently been invited to speak at events including the Berkshire Community Foundation’s charity symposium, Crowe Clark Whitehill’s annual charity conference and a seminar jointly hosted with Lloyds Bank, Aitchison Raffety and Crowe Clark Whitehill.