- Our people
- Victoria Charlesson
Associate Solicitor, Planning & Environmental Law
- Planning enforcement and lawful use, particularly Certificates of Existing Lawful Use or development applications advice
- Planning and development, including advice on interpretation of policy, lawful use and material change of use
- Section 106 planning agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Town and Village Green Advice
- Environmental regulation and enforcement
- Highways law, including Section 278 and Section 38 Agreements
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
- University of Edinburgh, MA History and Politics
- College of Law (Guildford), LLB (Hons) and LPC (Distinction)
- Member, UK Environmental Law Association
- Successfully obtaining a Certificate of Lawful use for a client where the application had been refused on two previous occasions before we were instructed
- Successfully defended application for village green status of land at non-statutory inquiry
- Negotiating planning obligations for developer clients including re-payment of Affordable Housing Contributions following recent Court of Appeal decision
- Defending prosecutions for environmental offences in Magistrates Court proceedings
- Advising in relation to objections to the imposition of Tree Preservation Orders and in respect of defending potential breaches of Tree Preservations Orders
- Enforcement advice, including enforcement appeals and defending enforcement prosecutions in the Magistrates Court.
"Thank you very much for all your hard work and time spent on this case which is much appreciated."
"I would like to say thank you for the effort in helping to get a final result for the case with the Agency."
"Very clear summary and many thanks for your help and support throughout this process.”
“I found it very informative and helpful. We also appreciated your patient and thorough approach.”
“The information you provided was clear, concise and invaluable. Thank you once again. I shall know what to do and where to go should I ever find myself in this position again.”
"We appreciate the amount of time both you and Simon have spent on our case in an attempt to resolve our issues. Thank you for all your assistance so far.”
“I am very pleased that we opted to engage you/your firm as specialist for this element of our new project. It has been very reassuring to have you dealing with all the other parties involved.”
“Thank you for your unfailing courtesy and assistance throughout.”
“The input from Blandy & Blandy has, we believe, been a crucial factor. We offer our thanks to you.”
"Thank you for all of your assistance and guidance over the last four years.”
“Thank you for all your effort in a short time.”
“Thank you for your prompt attention.”
“The information provided was clear, concise and invaluable.”
Her experience includes planning appeals and public inquiries, applications for certificates of lawfulness and development, advising on town and village greens, planning enforcement appeals/prosecutions and section 106 agreements. Victoria also has experience of highway law and environmental law including complex Section 278/38 Agreements, Compulsory Purchase Order and Environment Agency prosecutions including waste prosecutions.
Victoria assists partners Karen Jones and Simon Dimmick on a variety of strategic planning projects, spanning the Thames Valley and beyond, offering commercially pragmatic solutions to technically complex legal problems.
Planning Magazine’s 2017 Planning Law Survey ranked Blandy & Blandy LLP among the UK's top planning law firms and our expertise in both planning and environmental law is also recognised in The Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide. Blandy & Blandy LLP was named 'Property Law Firm of the Year' at the prestigious 2017 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Victoria attends a wide range of planning and sector focused events in London and the Thames Valley and speaks at the firm’s annual planning law seminar.