Blandy & Blandy Solicitors

COVID-19 - Making an Appointment and Visiting our Offices >>

Cohabitation Agreements

Our experienced team of specialist Family Law solicitors, based in Reading and Henley-on-Thames, can advise you on a cohabitation agreement.

What is a Cohabitation Agreement?

If you are contemplating moving in with your partner, you should give some thought to the legal implications. These will vary depending on whether you are purchasing a property together or in one person’s sole name.

Cohabitation agreements regulate the arrangements between partners living together and cover issues such as day-to-day financial arrangements and what would happen if the relationship should break down. The agreement could address provision for any children of the partnership in these circumstances.

How Can We Help?

We can advise on and draft agreements in advance of your decision to cohabit or if you are already living with your partner. We will discuss the issues that are important to you to include in the agreement, and work with your partner and their lawyer to ensure transparency of financial information before we draft the agreement. A separate Deed of Trust may be needed if you co-own or intend to co-own a property together and we can advise on this. Please contact us for further information if you are considering moving in with your partner.

Our Family Law team can advise on cohabitation agreements so please get in touch if you would like to find out more.

Looking for expert legal advice?

“Blandy & Blandy's wealth of experience in Family Law is second to none.”

“A standout firm of Family Law solicitors in Reading and the Thames Valley.”